While on the subject of beer, I found this marvelous NZ Web site, devoted to a young man’s dream to build the world’s first jet powered beer cooler.
Reading the site, you’ll discover a few things typical about Kiwis, and the male species in particular:
- Only as a last resort does one read the instructions before attempting (something I get growled at over)
- Every good Kiwi bloke needs a shed
- Every good Kiwi bloke likes his beer
- Every good Kiwi bloke has played at some time (school) or is still playing (club), or is being paid to play (provincial or All Blacks), or at least watching on TV, rugby
- Every good Kiwi bloke loves his mum
- It’s a matter of personal pride to serve cold beer
- Long hours have been spent (invariably in the shed) dreaming up ways to keep beer cold.