Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kind of training

While more dedicated WaterTribe paddlers than I were out training today for next month's Everglades Challenge, I happened to see an ad in this morning's News & Observer that the Toy Train Show was on at the NC State Fairgrounds.

(Trains... training... well, close enough.)

Knowing the Wee One's love of trains, and my more-than-mild affection for them myself, off we headed.

And for nearly fours hours we had a ball. In fact, I saw many youngsters being bodily hauled out at leaving, crying their eyes out--mine being one of them.

I don't know if we fit it, but there was definitely a "type" there ;)

1 comment:

Floatsome said...

Perfect! I can definitely see you two putting together a knockout layout.

Besides, you've got time on your hands. Dawn and I agreed yesterday that you're not allowed to paddle anymore before the EC.